Celebrity Fitness Expert Basheerah Ahmad has been an inspiration for many different celebrities, such as Steve Harvey, Jordin Sparks, Vivica A. Fox, Carrie Underwood and many more. She has found a couple different ways to make exercising fun and something to look forward to everyday, one of these being on a trampoline!
Click the link below to view a couple of different exercises that you can do on the trampoline.
1) Basic Trampoline Bounce
“The basic bounce seems simple, but it burns a lot of calories,” Ahmad says. It also tones your quads, glutes, and calf muscles.
- Stand on the mini trampoline with your feet about 6 inches apart.
- Bend your arms, keeping your elbows at your sides.
- With a slight bend in your knees, lightly bounce up and down. Your feet should come about 6 inches off the trampoline.
- Repeat 20 times
2) Trampoline Prances
“This move will get your heart rate up, and give you a great workout,” Ahmad says.
- Stand on the mini trampoline with your feet 6 inches apart.
- With your hands on your hips and knees slightly bent, bounce on the balls of your feet, and alternate raising your right and left knees to hip level (mimicking the “knees up” running-in-place exercise from gym class).
- 30 Lifts per leg
3) Trampoline Squats
“You have to engage your core muscles to perform this move on an unstable surface,” Ahmad says.
- Stand on the mini trampoline with your feet together and arms at your sides.
- Jump up, spread your feet just wider than shoulder width, and land in a squat position with your knees bent and thighs parallel to the ground — as if you were going to sit down in a chair. Your arms should be straight out in front of you.
- Lightly bounce back to your starting position and repeat 20 times
Doing these fun exercises a couple of times a week can be three times more beneficial than running! A 10-minute bounce on the trampoline is about the same as a 30-minute run.
Here is just a small list of the benefits:
- Stimulates your metabolism
- Increases oxygen capacity
- Improves your sense of balance
- Increases oxygen circulation to tissues
- Strengthens the heart (Cardiovascular health)
- Increases energy and sense of vitality
- Firms and tones the muscles
Most of all, though, it makes you smile, laugh and is great FUN! This has proven health benefits in itself as it generally means that you keep doing it if you enjoy it. So this may be a great exercise that you can even get the family to join in!